After installing a lift, larger tires, new gear ratios and adding more weight from armor or cages can affect your gas mileage.
- The mileage from your trip and guessing how many gallons based on the fuel gauge is not an accurate way.
- The fuel economy measurement from the center computer console on the 97 and up XJ Cherokee models can be off as well.
So how should you properly calculate MPG/fuel economy on your XJ?
- Each time you fill up gas at the station, track your mileage and gallons added from the pump.
- Use our fuel economy calculator.
Fuel Economy Tracker Tool
- Calculates Average MPG
- Average gallons of gas used per month
- Average cost of gas per month
How to use:
- Downloading or make a copy of our Google Sheet template here
- Go to Form from the main menu -> click Go to Live Form
- Copy the URL and send it to your phone so you have a quick way to track the info at the pump
- Over time, the tracker will determine your average fuel economy,